Friday, December 12, 2008

birthday snow!

who would have thought i'd get my very greatest birthday wish?

SNOW is coming to bellingham!! this rare treat is supposed to begin tonight and last all weekend. accumulations up to two inches--a joke to you new englanders, but enough for me! i'm very excited, and i know noah will be excited too. who needs a white christmas when you can have a white birthday?

this weekend will be full of birthday fun for me.
  1. tonight aaron and i will go on a date! the first since isla has been born, and maybe long before. lily will babysit and noah is very excited to hang out with her and for "friday night movie night," wherein he'll watch a few thomas the tank engine episodes. aaron and i will go to the tapas restaurant we like in fairhaven, and then peruse the bookstore, where hopefully i will find something worthy of my 31% birthday discount.
  2. tomorrow morning i will get my haircut. i may even get bangs.
  3. tomorrow afternoon i'm hoping to entice my family into attending the waldorf school holiday faire with me. aaron is a little suspect of all the fairies involved in waldorf education, but who doesn't love fairies? and i'm just interested to check out the school, which sounds absolutely lovely. and they do offer some financial aid, so maybe someday...
  4. i'm hoping i can also entice my dear family into going baby carrier shopping with me at portable kid downtown. i'd like to use my birthday money on a lovely new beco carrier, so my little girl can travel in style. (i know, i have an addiction when it comes to baby carriers. but this is something that gets used EVERY DAY. it might as well be comfy and pretty too!)
  5. tomorrow evening i'll eat the best spaghetti and meatballs around at my favorite italian restaurant with some of my favorite lady friends. and then we'll go see the nutcracker!! i love the ballet so much, and have been sad to be far from the student rush tickets at the boston ballet. this performance will be at the WWU performing arts center. it can't compete with boston or new york, but there will be one russian dancer.
  6. then sunday morning is the christmas pageant at church, wherein our very own little isla lou will perform the role of baby jesus. she did fantastically last week at the rehearsal, meaning "no crying she made." hopefully sunday's performance will go just as smoothly. (meaning also that young mary doesn't drop my little girl.)
  7. and finally, sunday afternoon we'll have a delicious lunch in ladner with aaron's family. this means great food, relaxing atmosphere and an eager grandma who even changes diapers. what more could i ask for?

2 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday! It was really fun to meet you the other day! And Isla and Noah of course too! Good luck shopping at the Portable Kid! We have a Becco and LOVE it! I love the Portable kid too! Enjoy the snow!!!

Jennye Ashcroft said...

okay...I know about the camera...and the birthday...and the christmas pageant...and how I forgot your birthday (bad friend, bad friend) what I really need to know is did you get a new Beco?
Also...what size...mine keeps slipping off my left shoulder NO MATTER WHAT I DO and I'm about to scream some days when I have to stop walking the dogs every two blocks and make them sit so I can fix the beco AGAIN...other than that I still really love it!