Wednesday, August 27, 2008

a visit and a miracle

our friends kaedra and jasper (but sadly no jesse) came to visit again this week for a few days. kaedra just did a bradley childbirth training session in seattle and figured if they were so close they couldn't not drive a few more hours to bellingham. which was great, though i do not know how she is handling all that driving on her own (10 hours today back to boise!). the visit was great, and made me, kaedra and maryka all feel reconnected to our common east coast community despite our west coast existence.

the miracle occurred yesterday afternoon, when two pregnant ladies and two two-year-old boys all took a lengthy nap at the same time!! it was astounding. and wonderful.

we had a pretty uneventful few days, mostly just managing two little boys who have a love/hate relationship. we also ate lots of good food, which seems to be what we do together mostly.

and some of that eating happened at a real dining room table!

the boys at their italian restaurant

maryka doing dishes (which is the awesome-est thing for friends of very pregnant people to do)

and kaedra with her german chocolate cake with two frostings, which she made as a birthday cake for the new baby. we sang, "have a birthday, baby!" (also a very awesome thing for friends of very pregnant people to do!)

jasper and his mama riding noah's little bike

noah and jasper on the bike (double decker style, as noah says), in a moment of love

and bike riding in the yard, in a moment of needing more space!

the boys doing yoga

aaron constructing a dangerous and exciting balance beam contraption in the yard

two mamas and their bellies! (me at 41 weeks, kaedra at 30ish?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jess, oh, the happiest of baby wishes to you! i'm so delighted to see you and kaedra sharing your pregnantness together! i wish you all well and so many blessings on your new home.
love,
caren from the east
(next time you head east you can visit us on our farm!)

Anonymous said...

Hello, hello! I love all of these photos and posts you've been putting up. I've been checking in but have been unable to post - I think I forgot my password.

Anyway, Gloucester is wonderful. We are loving it here so much. I left Cape Ann yesterday for the first time in almost 3 weeks - very weird. But really, there's no reason to leave. Jesse and Kaedra's house is awesome. We love the space, the beach smell, and the vicinity to downtown. Harrison and I walk just about every day and go to the docks to watch the boats and eat Cheerios.

You look great. Are you going crazy yet? Probably, huh? I know that at 38 weeks I was ready and when 40 and 41 came around I just couldn't believe I was still pregnant and never thought Harrison would come out. I almost started to believe that I would be pregnant forever.

I can't wait to see pictures of the newest Bandstra and to hear all about your birth story. I'm thinking of you every day and hope that baby gets here SOON!

Take care,
Rum