Monday, August 25, 2008

eating with ladies to celebrate babies

last week my friend sarah hosted for me a girls' night/baby shower/eat lots of yummy food evening out on the town. it was so nice to get out and hang with my lady friends. we had delicious appetizers at the temple bar and then moved on to delicious pasta at d'annas. i even had several sips of wine!

irene brought yarn for the yarn/belly game, wherein everyone cuts a piece of yarn into the length they think will fit around my belly. i'm happy to say that most everyone's piece was way too big! although, what that means about how big i look, i'm not sure...

here's maryka very excited about her yarn piece.

maryka made these gorgeous paper flowers for everyone to take home.

and here's irene (newly married! note the rings!) carefully choosing her flower.

and here's the best part of the whole night: blueberry cheesecake with a shortbread crust!

thanks, ladies, for a lovely evening. and thanks to this little lady inside me for helping me warrant such a celebration!

1 comment:

Job 77 said...

Wow! I can'y believe those flowers are paper!