Tuesday, September 08, 2009

breakfast conversation

me: daddy might drop you off at school today. would you like that?

noah: i will show him the tractor-trailer dump truck.

me: it's not a regular dump truck?

noah: it's a tractor trailer dump truck. the dumper is hooked to the trailer.

me: oh. is there a hitch?

noah: no. there's a rope. the hitch is lost.

me: oh. i wonder where it could be?

noah: maybe it is with lucy.

me: lucy? what's that?

noah: the doggie kate used to have.

me: ooohh. and where did lucy go?

noah: where?

me: did she go to heaven?

noah: yeah, lucy went to heaven.

me: and you think the tractor-trailer dump truck hitch might be in heaven too?

noah: yeah, it is in heaven.

me: how do you get to heaven?

noah: on an airplane.

me: can you go on a boat?

noah: no. just an airplane.

3 comments:

Colin and Nicole said...

very, very cute. your son is illegally cute.

Angela said...

A conversation with a child is the BEST! Well, unless it involves 'no' and occasional kicking and screaming. Then, not so much.

Job 77 said...

Lucy loved to fetch things but she never wanted to bring them back. Now she's apparently run off to heaven with this tractor-trailer dumper hitch!