Tuesday, July 22, 2008

sara's wedding

a few weeks ago i got to take a mini vacation, all by myself (well, me and my belly) to my friend sara's wedding near colorado springs, colorado. it was wonderful to attend the wedding, which was a beautiful combination of liturgical and quaker-style, including taize chants and a time of silence. but the weekend was also a great reunion of dear girlfriends--jennye (with baby esme), suzy, sara and me. it was especially fun because we stayed the whole weekend at the retreat center where the wedding took place, in a rustic little cabin called yucca. we ate lots of good food with sara's friends and family, met great new people and attempted a thunder-stormy swim. the elevation took a little adjustment, but i think the mini cupcakes served at the reception alleviated any headaches the climate change brought on.

i missed noah a ton but he had a wonderful weekend of adventure at grandma and grandpa's house. i didn't really miss changing his diaper, though...

after the ceremony (in this beautiful historic adobe chapel): me, sara, esme, jennye, suzy and sara's partner kathleen.

inside the chapel

suzy with a hooded esme in front of our little cabin

the view from the lodge

me holding a sleeping esme on top of my own belly-baby

saying goodbye!

No comments: